Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ok, so I at least got the pictures on the previous post. Somewhere on there I should have labeled the pictures. Oh well. Perhaps next time. I think Martha came out in me today and I thought I was on spring break, Yesterday and today our house was in quite a mess. Old counters were removed yesterday and new ones installed today and it was quite a mess. Sawdust everywhere. Took me from the time they left(abt noon) until now to clean the kitchen and the two bathrooms. Dad did his share of course and hooked up all the sinks and faucets again. Nice to be able to have them working again.
In the downtime I fertilized the rest of the lawn before it is going to rain again. We have quite a mess out there as well thanks to all the moss that is in abundance this year. You know like the mosskiller, thatching and so on. Hopefully it will be all worth it in the long run.
Oh ya, and we had a realtor friend stop by yesterday as well (we were supposed to be done, but Ralph did Aunt Helen's first since they were leaving town).
I love the way the counters turned out and the black sink looks quite nice. Now we have to work on the tile for the backsplash. (hopefully this weekend) at least decide which ones we want. We also bought a few light fixtures yesterday afternoon. Formal DIning, living room, foyer, upstairs hall and our bedroom. I think that will be almost the last of the light. Need to do the big bathroom ones.
Ok, why did we have so many children?
Anyway I will try to keep you posted. Love all of you and wish we were living closer.

3 comments:

  1. The counters look really good! Ralph did a great job! The house looks totally different now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does and he did. now we need to get going on the tile. I might have to go by myself to get some, since dd is not feeling much better.there are a couple options I will bring home and than decicide. sure would like to get oit done so we can get going on another project. Oh my is it getting late. my meds are kicking in. talk to you tomorrow. love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so BEAUTIFUL! What a project but I'm sure you're loving it!!

    ReplyDelete