Monday, July 13, 2009

our big changes


I finally framed the picture that used to be in the foyer table of my home town


Dad wanted some color on the wall. I gave him his wish in the downstairs bedroom. We finally decided this had to be it, after mixing a color I could live with.

playroom, still needs finishing touches. The 2 outside walls are the green. It looks quite nice.

Our park like backyard. I guess we really needed the rain, the yard is turning brown.





Our bedroom

Thanks to Kelcie I am finally updating our blog. As you all know by now we have been working on the house. Painting and painting and more painting. As in me.(painting) Dad has been working hard
outside and it has never looked this good. We now have a definate property line. Thanks to the old lawnmower and many bent blades. Also all the weeds around the 90+ trees are gone and sprayed.

Big thanks to Greg and his family for helping us pick the color for the house and all the work they put into getting it painted. We could have never done it without their help. Kelcie knows when to get sick and for how long to get out of the work. Just kidding she would have been ok with not being sick. ANd than poor Jaren and Kaelyn caught that nasty bug. It sure did not turn out to be a fun vacation for them.

We are looking forward to see most of you soon. Ashlee and Gerrit are here right now for Ashlee's class reunion.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Love Mom, Dad and Kelcie

2 comments:

  1. If I had any idea what I am doing I would probably do this more often. I really don't have any updated pictures of anything to change our post.

    So here I am trying to catch you all up on out doings. This has been a busy, but fun summer. Day after school got out I spent at a blood drive at the Stk center. Record blood drive!

    End of June Greg, Melissa and kids came to paint the house. Could have never done it without their help. Thanks will be never enough. Had a fun 4th of July. Two weeks later Gerrit and Ashlee came for a week and than we went to Cali. Was good to see Ryan, Cara and the boys for a couple of days and then we had fun watching and playing with Greg and Melissa's children. Also was fun to see their house before they were able to move in.
    After leaving Cali, we stopped in Elko for the night and visited with Aunt Vicki before going to a wedding to Twin Falls and than on to Ron's. Never knew Kelcie's car held so much stuff. We spent about a week there and were able to see Jason and Ali's new house and see her parents. That was really good, since we had not seen them in years.

    Leaving Kelcie behind was so final. Good thing school started within a few weeks.We are glad she is enjoying it there.

    Dad went back to Cali to help Greg with a project just after I started school for a few days. And yes, I survived. (1st time since no one been home that I was home by myself) Wasn't too sure about all that. And Dad left again at the end of September to take Aunt Betty to Utah. I think he is starting to enjoy his free time way tooo much. He is coming home tomorrow night.

    School is extremely busy. I was moved to Post Middle School to the EBD program. All I can say I am really thankful for our children.

    That was it in a nutshell. Still trying to paint and slowly working on the house. Loving the sunny weather and not looking forward to the winter.

    Love all your updates on your lives. It makes us feel not soooo far away.

    ReplyDelete